QuartzWeb is the online registration system for EUSR.
Logging into QuartzWeb
- When you first visit QuartzWeb you will need to create a new password before you login. To do this click ‘Forgotten Your Password?’ and you will be sent an email to the address we currently have for you with a link to set a new password. Once you have followed the link and created your new password you will then have access.
- If you do not receive an email it could be that we do not hold an email address for you, or the one we have is incorrect, please contact EUSR Support – email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 0121 745 1310 (select option 1)
- QuartzWeb will not allow more than one individual to have the same email address – e.g. email@example.com; individuals must have unique log-in details – the system cannot support one email address with multi-passwords. Sharing passwords is not allowed and could put you in breach of the legal obligations we all have under the General Data Protection Requirements (GDPR) May 2018 to protect the privacy of individuals.
- Administrators without an EUSR ID – most Administrators in QuartzWeb will already have an EUSR ID, however if you have forgotten it, please either ask your Lead Administrator to check in QuartzWeb or contact EUSR Support – email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 0121 745 1310 (select option 1).
- Setting up a new Administrator – a Lead Administrator can set up a new Administrator within their own centre by selecting Centre Management>Contact Manager.. Adding a new contact for the centre automatically generates an EUSR ID
- You will need to check your main centre address – see below
- You will need to add a Delivery address for the return of EUSR ID Cards – see below
Centre addresses held in QuartzWeb
Main Site address:
This is the primary or head office address for your centre. Only the EUSR Support team can change a main centre address, and the request must come from a Lead Administrator or Head of Centre. This address is called ‘The Site’ when creating a Batch.
Delivery Site address:
A Delivery Site address is the return address EUSR ID Cards are posted to
You can have as many Delivery Site addresses as you need.
A Lead Administrator or an Administrator can set up a Delivery address in ‘Centre Management>Amend Sites’ within QuartzWeb – selecting ‘Return Address (Cards)’ as the Site Type.
You must include a contact name and organisation name in Address Line 1 – without this, there is a risk the EUSR ID cards might not reach the required individual or location – especially vital in multi-department or multi-tenanted buildings.
When creating a Batch, you will be able to choose from a drop-down list of Delivery Sites that you have created for your centre.
All Delivery Site addresses for a centre will show in the drop-down box when creating a batch.
Check your approvals
Check the approvals you have against you – as a Provider, an Approved Trainer or Approved Assessor. If there are any approvals missing, contact EUSR Support by email: email@example.com or tel: 0121 745 1310 (option 1).
Entering information in QuartzWeb
Using Capital Letters – whatever is typed in to QuartzWeb is exactly how it will appear on the online register and the EUSR ID card. Make sure the CAPS LOCK button is off.
Shortened names or abbreviations – make sure you are using the correct name. For example, if an individual already has an EUSR registration in the name of ‘Rob’, then entering ‘Robert’ will create a duplicate registration. Take care to enter the name exactly as it already appears on EUSR.
Amending information within a Batch
When you have created a Batch – but not submitted – you are able to amend the following fields:
Purchase Order Number (Use this field to confirm the PO number our Finance team will use for invoicing or the date payment was made payment by card or direct bank transfer – for card or direct bank transfer payments, also include the batch Number in this field)
Batch Start Date (the date the EUSR registration should be effective from)
Provider Reference (free flow text field)
Trainer (for Passport schemes only – Note: only names for Approved Trainers ‘linked’ to your centre appear in the drop-down box)
Delivery Site (address where you want EUSR ID cards delivered – Note: only addresses added by a Lead Administrator or Administrator will appear in the drop-down box. New addresses can be added in Centre Management>Amend Sites)
Batch description (free flow text field)
You will still need to contact EUSR Support if you need to delete the Batch or amend a name or Date of Birth.
Bulk upload of registrations
It is quick and easy to upload multi-individuals using the Excel spreadsheet within QuartzWeb.. The spreadsheet can be found in Batch Actions>ERegistration Submission – bottom of page ‘ERegistrations File Format’. Enter all the details and then upload the spreadsheet where it says ‘Select File’ on the same page. Download the spreadsheet and save to your desktop
Remember: Registrations must be submitted within 28 days of the training/course or assessment.
Uploading photographs and scheme evidence
Photographs are uploaded directly into QuartzWeb against the individual. We review the photograph to ensure it is compliant with our guidelines and if it is, then we make the registration ‘live’ on EUSR and get the ID card printed. The registration is then visible for anyone to view.
We are only able to make minor amends to photographs, our ability to resize and crop is limited. You must ensure the photograph is ‘right way up’ and not sideways on.
We will not verify photographs that do not comply with our guidelines – eg full body or people in hats/scarves.
When uploading photographs in QuartzWeb against an individual, you won’t be able to tell that the upload has been successful – nor will you will able to see the photograph
If a single photograph in a batch is not compliant, then we will process the rest of the batch and the individual with the non-compliant photograph will appear on EUSR (without a photograph) and an EUSR ID card will not be printed.
Photo Uploading Confirmation You can access a report within QuartzWeb which shows on a batch by batch basis, which photos have been successfully uploaded in each batch. Click here to view guidance document. This report is available in Resources>Reports>Check photos for a batch.
Uploading Evidence When photographs and evidence are uploaded for storage into ‘Batch Documentation’ this causes Trainers’ photographs to be changed on the EUSR Register Search and will result in a delay on card production. Please do not upload any documentation into ‘Batch Documentation’ in QuartzWeb – this includes any scheme evidence, attendance registers, data capture forms, photographs – this information should be stored through other means. Click here to find out more.
Scheme Evidence Where a scheme requires evidence to be submitted – for example certificates – they are uploaded directly into QuartzWeb against the individual. We review the evidence at the same time we review the photograph and if the evidence is valid, then the registration will be made ‘live’ on EUSR.
User Guide – To view the User Guide click here. This User Guide is updated on a regular basis, so make sure you are looking at the most up-to-date version. Any feedback on this User Guide would be welcomed – if you think we should expand on a topic, or include new topics, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Videos – A series of training videos are available that introduce the new system and demonstrate how to perform certain actions. Click here to view the videos.
FAQs – we have collected together the most common questions we get asked about the transition to QuartzWeb click here. Any feedback on the FAQs is welcomed – and we update them on a regular basis, so make sure you are looking at the most up-to-date version.
EUSR Support – we are here to help and support you Monday 8.00am – Friday 5.00pm, Email email@example.com or Telephone: 0121 745 1310 (select option 1)
There are different roles that can be allocated to you, or your teams, within QuartzWeb and they have different levels of access to data depending on whether they need to add, view, amend or withdraw records or materials.
Individuals can have more than one role – and it’s quick and easy to switch between roles if this is the case.
The restricted ‘permissions’ for each role should support your own ‘work-flows’ – and data protection compliance.
More detail on the different roles and their functionality can be found here.
Setting up a new Administrator – a Lead Administrator can set up a new Administrator within their own centre by selecting Centre Management>Contact Manager. Adding a new contact for the centre automatically generates an EUSR ID
Only Approved Trainers can download delivery support materials, tests and answers for SHEA, NWH and SCO.
*Please note, if you haven’t already, you will need to appoint a ‘Lead Administrator’ for your organisation – this is the individual who has the authority to add or amend a main site and allocate Administrator roles to your team.
Schemes in QuartzWeb
Registration for most schemes will be submitted in QuartzWeb, however, registration on a small number of schemes will remain paper-based. Find out which schemes are staying paper-based for registrations here.
Information Collected for EUSR Registration
You will need the following information for each individual you submit for registration on EUSR:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of Birth
- Employer name (for Smart Metering only)
- The following information is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended that it is obtained and submitted for each individual:
- Employer name
- Email address (personal or work) We recommend you request this because an email address is required for individuals to access their registration history – EUSR only lists current ‘live’ registrations – and Reference Indicator information if relevant (eg Smart Metering or Gas Competency and Capability Scheme); The email address is the link to the individual because registrations are valid regardless of changes in the employer. An email address also helps us in establishing identity if the individual loses their EUSR ID card and needs a replacement.
See here for our privacy notices
Audit requirements – paperwork to be retained
Now that registrations are processed online, we have made changes to the documentation that should be retained for audit purposes. Details of which records are mandatory for you to keep can be found here.
SHEA and National Water Hygiene Only
Booking courses in advance
You will need to pre-book a course in advance – we will then allocate a question paper for the specific course. You will not be able to book a course more than 28 days in advance.
Question Papers and Answers
Can only be downloaded by Approved Trainers in QuartzWeb – and no more than 72 hours before the course date.
You can book or schedule training ‘on the day’ of the training.
You enter test results (i.e. Pass or Fail) directly into QuartzWeb – no need to send in Answer Sheets – though you will need to retain for audit purposes for the duration of the registration period. (NOTE: The exception to this is for new National Water Hygiene (2019) when Approved Trainers must send into EUSR Support the answer sheets for their first three tests/assessments)
We don’t require you to submit any attendance registers to us – though we do recommend you use them and may ask to see them during an audit. There is an exemplar attendance register for you to use, should you wish, which is downloadable from within the Resources section in QuartzWeb.
Invoicing and Payments
There are three ways to pay for your EUSR registrations:
- Direct bank-to-bank payment – by BACS or CHAPS
- On account – with purchase order – using a credit facility with Energy & Utility Skills
- By debit or credit card (excluding American Express)
For Replacement Cards, NCO (Gas) and NCO (Water) registration and re-registration – you can also use the Online shop.
You must provide a purchase order number when submitting a batch unless the Batch has been pre-paid (by direct bank-to-bank payment or debit/credit card over the phone) – in which case write the Batch number and this will then help our finance team match the batch to your payment.
We will invoice you direct for all registrations you submit in QuartzWeb with couple of exceptions to this:
- If the customer you are delivering training for is an existing Energy & Utility Skills approved provider, and there is a signed Tri-Partite Agreement in place between yourself and the approved provider, we can invoice the provider direct. For more information on Tri-Partite Agreements see here.
- If we have invoiced an organisation who is not an approved provider in the last 12 months, we can invoice the customer direct. Note: for any organisations we have not invoiced in the last 12 months, we will need an email from a Director or senior manager in the organisation confirming that you can book courses, create batches and submit registrations in their name.
Find Out More
If you have any queries or questions relating to QuartzWeb, please contact EUSR Support. We are available Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0121 745 1310 (option 1).