SkillGuard for Utilities
SkillGuard for Utilities is a sector-wide database which holds all necessary training information about site workers, confirming quickly, easily, and in real-time, their competence and authority to work.
SkillGuard for Utilities workforce management system is available to network owners and their supply chain to record their workers’ training records, qualifications, permits to work, licences as well as EUSR registrations. It provides real-time verification of the workforce’s authority and competence to work, reduces on-boarding time and eliminates duplication of training and assessment.
Each worker has their own up-to-date record, moving with them as they work across various locations populated with information to confirm their authority to work. These records are automatically updated with EUSR registrations, there’s no need to enter this data and it can be trusted.
Workers records are accessed via the database or by scanning a virtual or physical smart card via a secure app, live on site. The whole workforce can also be bulk checked in advance of arriving on site, ensuring that all individuals have the correct authority to work and can start work quickly.
Some of the key benefits:
- Visibility and an auditable record of who is or was working on site at any given time
- Manage an unlimited number of contractors and workers, ensuring everyone on site has the right competencies
- Validate workers ahead of arrival in bulk, or through individual spot checks on site
- Trusted registrations such as those on the EUSR register mean your workforce can move from location to location with confidence, increasing productivity through time savings not repeating training
- In the event of an incident, it’s quick and easy to spot check workers before they leave the site
- Reporting and data analysis provides workforce insights such as identifying current and potential skills gaps
An established and trusted system
The system behind SkillGuard for Utilities, provided by Reference Point, is the same system already used by Thames Water for their Safety Passport, as well as Network Rail Sentinel, Highways Passport and Tarmac OneCard.
Thames Water have been using the system for over ten years, and their feedback has been invaluable in informing development and updates. They have seen a number of benefits which are unique to the system.
Gareth Mullen, Head of Health, Safety & Wellbeing from Thames Water, stated:
“One of our biggest challenges is ensuring that each one of our thousands of contractors who work across different sites and different employers have the right competencies, and that those competencies are up to date.
“We value EUSR schemes because we know the training and assessments meet employers’ needs and can be trusted, so we can let people on-site with confidence.
“With SkillGuard for Utilities, we can pre-check everyone ahead of arriving on site, and we can also spot check anyone at any time, which is especially useful in the event of an incident.”
Find out more
Complete the webform below and a member of our team will contact you: