The Benchmark of Best Practice
You will need to become an approved provider if you want to deliver a:
- Skills-based scheme
- Endorsed Training Programme
- Basic Electrical Safety Competence for Access, Movement & Egress (BESC: AME)
Once approved as a provider you can get your Skills-based training programme or Bespoke Programme approved, or your own training programme endorsed – or in the case of BESC: AME, get your assessors approved. This can be done at the same time.
Endorsed Training Programmes
Passport Schemes (National Water Hygiene, SCO and SHEA suite)
To deliver National Water Hygiene (NWH), Safety, Health and Environmental Awareness (SHEA) and Safe Control of Operations (SCO) schemes, you will need to become an approved trainer. Please visit Delivering Passport Schemes page for more details.
Our Quality Framework lays out our approach for approval – whether you are an independent training provider, college or an employer delivering in-house training.
Our minimum criteria for provider approval is set out in our Quality Framework and includes:
- Staff experience, knowledge and qualifications
- Resources and equipment
- Internal quality assurance
- Delivery and assessment support
Provider approval is quick and easy. Our Quality Assurance team are on hand to offer advice and guidance throughout the whole process:
- Step 1 – complete and submit a Self-Assessment Report (SAR – available by emailing us)
- Step 2 – we review and come back with any requests for additional information or evidence
- Step 3 – we visit you
- Step 4 – we provide you with a written report of our visit findings – which may include some actions
- Step 5 – you sign our provider agreement
- Step 6 – your approval is confirmed and we issue you with a certificate of approval
Provider Approval is a once only activity. Approval is maintained through on-going monitoring and auditing; as an approved provider we will visit you a minimum of once every 12 months. When you are approved, you can submit your training programmes for approval to support our Skills-based schemes, or get your own training programme endorsed.
Once you have read through our Quality Framework, contact us for a Self-Assessment Report to start you on your approval journey. Once approved, we can list your details on the Energy & Utility Skills website. You can use our Approved Provider logo in your promotional material and website, and also come along to our CPD events.
See our Price List for our approval fees.
Find out More
To find out more about Provider Approval, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0845 077 99 22.