Renewing your SHEA EUSR registration is now easier than ever – new half-day renewal training
Employers have a responsibility by law to ensure their workforce are provided with the relevant Health & Safety training to support compliance with Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regulations. Our Safety Health, and Environmental Awareness (SHEA) training programmes provide individuals with the essential knowledge needed to remain safe in the workplace. And now, with a new half-day renewal training programme, it’s easier and quicker to renew an individual’s SHEA EUSR registration.
Why choose SHEA?
Safety, Health and Environmental awareness in the workplace is of paramount importance and employers have a duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees whilst at work, ensuring employees are adequately trained. With *28.3 million working days lost due to work-related illness and injury, £15 billion estimated cost of injuries to business in the UK, non-compliance with UK HSE legislation can cost your organisation.
SHEA schemes are a portfolio of health and safety training programmes developed specifically for organisations operating in the energy and utilities sector. SHEA is developed in collaboration with industry for industry, so you can be confident the content is relevant to your workforce. More information on all SHEA schemes can be found here.
We recognise that as an employer, you may have your own Health and Safety training and if this is the case, have a look at SHEA Mapped. You map your own training to our SHEA standards and then your employees will gain a SHEA EUSR registration – and with the CSCS Partner Card status, give access to CSCS controlled sites. For more information on SHEA Mapped email email@example.com.
Who is the training for?
The training programmes are designed for anyone working on operational sites, including supervisors and managers. There is now a NEW half day face to face renewal route for those wishing to renew their SHEA EUSR registration.
SHEA schemes are CSCS Partner Card schemes, which means that the Energy & Utility Skills Register (EUSR) registration allows access to CSCS controlled sites for utilities work. It covers individuals for 3 or 5 years, depending on the SHEA scheme.
Benefits to your business?
- A safer workforce, fewer accidents and time lost to your business due to work-related injuries
- The industry specific SHEA are contextualised to your industry – whether water, waste, power, gas or telecommunications, individuals will understand the relevance to their day job which means they will remember more
- All SHEA schemes are CSCS Partner Card schemes – no need for individuals to carry any additional cards for access to CSCS operational sites
- Interactive training that caters for different learning styles
- Learning outcomes are reliable and consistent through our quality assurance
- All Trainers must be approved by us. They must have recent experience in the relevant industry – and with appropriate training/assessment and Health & Safety qualifications
Renewing a SHEA EUSR registration:
If you/or an employee has already completed your SHEA training, and only wish to renew your registration. Then there are now three ways you can do this:
- Full day Face to face
- NEW half day face to face
- eLearning with e-Assessment (coming August 2020)
These routes are for renewals only. Individuals without a current SHEA EUSR registration will need to continue to take the full day training programme.
The new renewal routes are available for the following SHEA schemes: SHEA Core, SHEA Gas, SHEA Power, SHEA Telecommunications, SHEA Water.
The register is used by employers to support recruitment as it’s an accurate record of training and skills.
For more information on SHEA or if you need support please contact the EUSR Support team on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0121 745 1310 (select option 1)