SHEA Scheme Updates
The redeveloped Safety Health and Environmental Awareness (SHEA) Cross-Country Pipelines, Gas, Power and Telecommunications schemes are now available for delivery for Trainers who have attended a Trainer Briefing.
All approved trainers have been invited to attend a Trainer Briefing and almost 200 have already attended, or are booked to do so. You will have received a separate notification if you attended a SHEA Core and/or Water briefing in January or February, and now require additional renewal of your SHEA Gas, Power, Telecommunications or Cross-Country Pipelines Trainer Approval. If you have not received either of these communications, please email email@example.com, as all trainer registrations and Devices for these schemes expire on 20 April.
As part of the update, trainers will see a range of changes designed to enhance the existing strengths of the scheme. These include:
- Scheme Specification – detailed learner outcomes and greater clarity on assessment
- Programme Leader’s Guide – supports the new PowerPoint delivery, providing trainers with a range of delivery ideas, activities and wider reading references
- Multiple Choice Assessment – updated with new and revised questions
Important dates for your calendar are:
- 20 April 2018 – last date the current SHEA Gas, Power, Telecommunicationsand Cross Country Pipelines scheme material can be delivered, after which all Trainer Devices will be de-activated.
- 25 May 2018 – last date by which all registration applications for current SHEA Gas, Power, Telecommunications and Cross Country Pipelines schemes may be received by EUSR for processing.
If you have any questions about the SHEA updates, please contact us.