The Leakage Detection & Control (Water) scheme is based around completed modules covering different aspects of the task.
- Level 2 Certificate in Leakage Detection (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Leakage Control (QCF)
The following units form part of the scheme. An individual should complete whichever ones are appropriate for the job role they are undertaking.
- LDC01 Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health & safety
- LDC01 Assess the configuration of the metered area
- LDC03 Trace the route of water pipes and locate surface fittings
- LDC04 Determine leakage detection methods and techniques in response to water loss
- LDC05 Programme, deploy and collect data from data-logging equipment
- LDC06 Utilise and confirm performance of measuring equipment on the distribution network
- LDC07 Carry out step-testing operations and re-commission the distribution network
- LDC08 Resolve leakage related issues with customers
- LDC09 Determine the exact location of water loss
- LDC10 Establish the integrity of a discrete area on the distribution network
- LDC11 Evaluate data to identify potential leakage
- LDC12 Provide leadership for your team
Providers or employers can submit their own training programme for endorsement by Energy & Utility Skills as part of our Endorsed Training Programme service. These endorsed programmes will cover one or more of the above units.
Find Out More
If you would like to get trained in this scheme, please see our list of training providers. If you are a trainer and would like to deliver this scheme, please see our guidance in the Approval and Delivery section.
If you have any queries relating to EUSR or the evidence requirements for any of our schemes or programmes, please contact the EUSR Support team. We are available Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm via email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0845 077 99 22.