Leakage Detection & Control (Water)
About the Scheme
A registration on EUSR for our Leakage Detection & Control (Water) scheme provides Water Companies with assurance than an individual working to detect and control leakage has received appropriate training and assessment.
Maintaining the integrity of the water network is critical for water companies to reduce the amount of water lost through leakage. Leakage can occur where pipes are due for renewal and especially during times of bad weather causing pipes to freeze and burst. Leaks affect both the water companies and their customers leading to reduced water pressure and disruption and it is therefore essential that individuals involved in both detecting and controlling leakage have the appropriate knowledge and skills to make the correct decisions and take the correct actions.
There are two routes to registration:
Completion of an appropriate qualification or unit(s) plus pre-requisites
Completion of an Energy & Utility Skills Endorsed Training Programme – mapped to the relevant units within the qualification – plus pre-requisites
Successful completion of either one of these qualifications can be used as evidence for registration on EUSR for Leakage and Detection (Water)
- CABWI Level 2 Certificate in Leakage Detection
- CABWI Level 3 Diploma in Leakage Control
Alternatively, if the full Level 3 qualification is not appropriate, an individual can complete whichever units are appropriate for their role:
- LDC01 Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health & safety in the water industry
- LDC02 Assess the configuration of the metered area on the water supply network
- LDC03 Trace the route of water pipes and locate surface fittings
- LDC04 Determine leakage detection methods and techniques in response to water loss
- LDC05 Programme, deploy and collect data from data-logging equipment
- LDC06 Utilise and confirm performance of measuring equipment on the water distribution network
- LDC07 Carry out step-testing operations and re-commission the distribution network
- LDC08 Resolve leakage related issues with customers
- LDC09 Determine the location of water loss
- LDC10 Establish the integrity of a discrete area on the water distribution network
- LDC11 Evaluate data to identify potential water leakage
- LDC12 Provide leadership for your team
Endorsed Training Programme Route
You can submit your own training programme for endorsement by Energy & Utility Skills as part of our Endorsed Training Programme service. The Endorsed Training Programme can cover one or more of the above units. You will need to provide evidence that the content of your training programme maps to the appropriate unit qualification standards.
Registration on EUSR
Registration on EUSR is gained when the evidence for registration – and photograph – has been submitted and verified.
Registration on EUSR is paper-based and a Batch Form and Registration Form and the appropriate evidence and photograph must be submitted to EUSR Support, Friars Gate, 1011 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4BN.
For Leakage Detection and Control (Water) registration on EUSR, there are the following pre-requisite requirements:
A valid NRSWA registration for Signing, Lighting & Guarding – gained after successful completion of Unit 002 Signing, Lighting and Guarding – City & Guilds Street Works, Excavation and Reinstatement (6157/01)
Employees of Scottish Water should contact their training department as evidence from internal training records may be appropriate evidence
Leakage Detection and Control (Water) registration on EUSR is valid for three years.
NOTE: EUSR ID cards display the endorsement ‘Leakage Detection & Control (Water)’ regardless of which registration route or the unit(s) completed; a list of the actual units successfully completed by an individual can be seen on their individual registration using the online EUSR search.
Find Out More
If you would like to get registered or trained in this scheme, please see our list of training providers. If you are a provider and would like to deliver this scheme, please see our guidance in the Approval and Delivery section.
If you have any queries relating to EUSR or the evidence requirements for any of our schemes or programmes, please contact the EUSR Support team. We are available Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm via email email@example.com or tel: 0845 077 99 22.