Utility Excavations – Category 4: Install, Inspect & Remove Steel Support Systems
Category 4: Install, Inspect & Remove Steel Support Systems covers the minimum training and assessment required for those working to install, inspect and remove steel excavation support systems. The standard has been derived from the following National Occupational Standards:
- EUSMUNC07 Excavate and Maintain Holes and Trenches for Utility Networks Construction
- EUSGNC007 Excavate and Maintain Holes and Trenches for Complex Operations in Gas Network Construction
- COSVR370 Provide Temporary Excavation Support
It also incorporates the relevant requirements of:
- City and Guilds Level 2 Awards in Excavation Support Systems (6146-21) Nov 2012
- HSG47 Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
- HSG150 Health and Safety in Construction
- CIRIA Trenching Practice (second edition R97)
Achievement of the standard demonstrates effective performance, by being able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Interpret utility drawings and line search document
- Install, inspect and remove steel support systems
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with excavations
- Use and communicate data effectively and resolve problems
CITB Short Course
Energy & Utility Skills is a recognised Third Party Organisation (TPO) for CITB and the UK construction industry. This scheme is recognised by CITB for short course duration funding purposes and can be offered by ATOs. To find out more about CITB short course duration grants, click here.
Find Out More
If you would like to get trained in this scheme, please see our list of training providers. If you are a trainer and would like to deliver this scheme, please see our guidance on skill-based schemes approval.
If you have any queries relating to EUSR or the evidence requirements for any of our schemes or programmes, please contact the EUSR Support team. We are available Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm via email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0845 077 99 22.