NCO Gas Registration using Gas Qualifications (pre-NCO)
Prior to the current City & Guilds Level 2 Network Construction Operations (Gas) qualification, other accredited qualifications were available through awarding organisations and undertaken by individuals to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and practical skills which enabled them to work on the gas network. Examples of accepted National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are:
- Gas Network Operations (GNO) Level 2
- Gas Network Engineering (GNE) Level 3
- Public Utilities Distribution (PUD) Level 3
- Gas Distribution Craftsman (GD) Level 3
The following categories are available for individuals who have completed one of the above listed qualifications and the appropriate category or categories will be determined by the qualification units completed:
- Service Layer
- Mains Layer up to 180mm
- Mains Layer up to 355mm
- *Escape, Locate & Repair
In addition to the relevant registration category(ies) the individual will also be registered as either ‘Self-Lay’ or ‘Distribution’ also determined by the qualification units completed.
The EUSR registration card will reflect the appropriate category or categories and pathway gained.
All individuals must hold a valid EUSR registration for SHEA Gas.
Applicants applying with Gas Network Operations (GNO), Gas Network Engineering (GNE), Public Utilities Distribution (PUD) or Gas Distribution (GD) Craftsman qualifications must complete the relevant NCO Gas registration form and provide the following evidence:
- photocopies of the appropriate qualification and unit certificates for the categories applied for and
- a declaration of competence from their current employer to confirm that the individual is currently employed as a Service/ Mains Layer and evidence exists to confirm that they are working to the current standards.
Find Out More
If you have any queries relating to EUSR or the evidence requirements for any of our schemes or programmes, please contact the EUSR Support team. We are available Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm via email email@example.com or tel: 0121 745 1310.