NCO (Gas) – Escape, Locate & Repair (ELR)
Registration on EUSR for Escape, Locate & Repair (ELR) category is dependent upon the individual completing one of the following:
- the NCO Gas NVQ qualification units for Service/ Mains Layer under the ‘Distribution’ pathway
- the Gas Network Operative (GNO) Apprenticeship
(Note: registration of ELR category is not available to those who have completed the Self-Lay pathway or those being re-registered for the Self-Lay pathway).
Evidence Requirements – NVQ route
Registration on EUSR for Escape, Locate & Repair (ELR) category is dependent upon the individual completing the relevant units for Service/ Mains Layer under the ‘Distribution’ pathway plus all of the relevant ELR units listed below:
- 217 Restore gas network components to operational condition by repair
- 218 Conduct specified testing of gas networks associated with leakage location
- 304 Minimise risks to life, property and the environment during gas escapes
- 305 Analyse and interpret the results of surveys to determine the location of gas escapes
Individuals who complete the Repair & Maintenance pathway will be registered for the appropriate NCO (Gas) category on the Distribution pathway plus, Escape, Locate & Repair.
An ELR registration may be claimed at the same time as NCO registration/re-registration provided the evidence requirements are met.
Evidence Requirements – GNO Apprenticeship route
- The Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education – Gas Network Operative Apprenticeship certificate – Level 2 (Note: please do not send in original certificates).
The GNO Apprenticeship provides the following EUSR registration:
- Escape, Locate and Repair
NCO (Gas) Service Layer (Distribution pathway) or NCO (Gas) Mains Layer (Distribution pathway)
All individuals must also hold a valid EUSR registration for SHEA Gas.
Find Out More
If you have any queries relating to EUSR or the evidence requirements for any of our schemes or programmes, please contact the EUSR Support team. We are available Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm via email email@example.com or tel: 0121 745 1310.