Data Capture Technician [M Group Services]
This Endorsed Training Programme is operated by M Group Services and is offered to their employees only.
The programme is carried out over a period of 15-20 days, including classroom training, on-site shadowing and assessment.
The Data Capture Technician Awareness course is designed to ensure that data capture technicians employed by M Group Services have a thorough knowledge of gas distribution data capture skills required in their workplace and in the utility sector in general. It further aims to ensure individuals appreciate the importance of their job role.
This supports the emphasis placed by the asset owner on the timeliness and accuracy of data submissions to their regulator. Ultimately the correct recording of gas assets on plans have an impact both financially and in terms of health and safety for all companies carrying out activities in proximity to gas plants.
On completion of the programme individuals will meet a number of objectives including:
- Understand and demonstrate the importance and value of industry data capture policies and procedures
- Know the importance of safety in the workplace
- Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to prepare drawings, drafting and pipe specifics
- Describe the mandatory requirements for recording asset attributes
- Create an as-laid drawing using the correct symbols, graphical representations and colours
Registration on EUSR is valid for 3 years from date of training.
Find Out More
If you have a training package that you would like to be included within this registration family please view our Endorsed Training Programme approval page.
An Endorsed Training Programme is a training package that has been approved by Energy & Utility Skills as meeting its objectives. They are offered by private companies and any questions relating specifically to that training package should be directed to the appropriate provider.