Utility Excavations – HSG47 Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
This Endorsed Training Programme is operated by PQS Survey Ltd.
It would be suitable for individuals required to supervise or carry out excavation work on a National Grid site.
The course is also aimed at individuals working in general construction and the utility industry, working on or near utilities but outside substations, to effectively locate buried services.
The course will enable delegates to understand:
- The reasons for using cable locators to effectively locate buried services in all modes and with a signal genny.
- Guidance on HSG47 avoiding danger from underground services.
- How cable locators work and electromagnetic fields.
- Types of cable and high pressure gas oil pipelines.
- Utility plans and drawings.
- Location of non-metallic services.
- Effective use of a cable locator along with a signal genny in induction and connection modes including depth estimation.
- Interpreting the signal of the equipment.
Practical training including:
- Operating the cable locator in power, radio and genny modes.
- Use of the signal genny in connection mode and induction mode.
- Effective use of a sonde and cobra reel.
The training is valid for 3 years.
Registration on EUSR is valid for 3 years from date of training.
Find Out More
If you would like more information on the course please click here.
An Endorsed Training Programme is a training package that has been approved by Energy & Utility Skills as meeting its objectives. They are offered by private companies and any questions relating specifically to that training package should be directed to the appropriate provider.