The units listed below are contained within the qualification template for Utility Network Management and Leadership at Level 3, which identifies the skills and competences required of a first line supervisor. Training programmes that have been endorsed by Energy & Utility Skills for this scheme meet the requirements below.
A full breakdown of the units and how these can be evidenced can be found in the Utility Network Management and Leadership qualification template.
Section A: The Working Environment (all units mandatory)
- Ensure compliance with regulations, rules, guidelines and company procedures
- Carry out and ensure that risk assessments take place in the workplace
- Monitor and ensure compliance with other health, safety, security and environmental procedures in the workplace
- Demonstrate workplace skills
- Manage your own resources
Section B: Planning and Organisation (all units mandatory)
- Obtain and analyse information for decision making
- Record and store information
- Plan work, prepare and complete documentation
Section C: Productivity and Performance (all units mandatory)
- Lead and manage team(s)
- Give instructions, monitor progress and achieve standards
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers, clients and the general public
- Manage contract and costs
Section D: Technical Skills and Knowledge (optional 3 from 5)
- Monitor the work site
- Monitor the installation and construction process for construction operations
- Implement de-commissioning methods and procedures for networks
- Test and/or commission networks
- Transfer control of networks
Find Out More
If you would like to get trained in this scheme, please see our list of training providers. If you are a trainer and would like to deliver this scheme, please see our guidance in the Approval and Delivery section.
If you have any queries relating to EUSR or the evidence requirements for any of our schemes or programmes, please contact the EUSR Support team. We are available Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm via email email@example.com or tel: 0845 077 99 22.