NCO (Gas) Assistant
EUSR registration as an NCO (Gas) Assistant is based on the completion of:
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Gas).
Assistant registration on EUSR is for a period of 5 years.
The information below shows the mandatory and optional units for completion of the Level 1 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Gas) qualification.
The following evidence must be submitted along with the completed registration form (note: please do not send in original certificates):
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Gas)
Which includes the following units:
- 101 Assist in locating and avoiding supply apparatus and sub structures
- 102 Working under supervision, excavate holes and trenches in ground and pavement structures
- 103 Assist in preparing for reinstatement of excavation and pavement surfaces
- 104 Working under supervision, contribute to an efficient and effective work environment in gas network construction
- 105 Working under supervision, contribute to health, safety and environment in the workplace during gas network construction
- 106 Working under supervision, operate powered tools and equipment for network construction operations
- 107 Working under supervision, join polyethylene pipe by electrofusion welding
- 108 Working under supervision, assemble components to meet specifications for gas network construction operations
- 111 Working under supervision, join polyethylene pipe by butt fusion welding
Plus, one of the following:
- 109* Assist in preparing resources and signing, lighting and guarding the area for highway works
- 110 Assist in preparing resources and signing and guarding the area for site works
- (*= suggested unit)
All individuals must hold a valid EUSR registration for SHEA Gas.
Find Out More
If you would like to get trained in this scheme, please see our list of training providers. If you are a trainer and would like to deliver this scheme, please see our guidance in the Approval and Delivery section.
If you have any queries relating to EUSR or the evidence requirements for any of our schemes or programmes, please contact the EUSR Support team. We are available Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm via email email@example.com or tel: 0121 745 1310.