PLUS (Plant for Utilities Scheme)
About the Scheme
PLUS is designed for people who work with mobile plant machinery in the utilities, waste and recycling industries.
The PLUS standards recognise the skills required to operate mobile plant and attachments differ from those in a construction environment. The training and assessment is specific to the job role.
Why chose PLUS?
Training and assessment is held on your site.
- No need to travel to a designated test centre.
- Training and assessment is delivered in a real working environment.
- This minimises off-the-job time for those being trained, reducing travel costs. As the machinery being used is your own, it increases the relevance of the training.
Training is tailored to the individual’s experience.
The training is relevant
- The training and assessment is waste and recycling industry specific; created for plant machinery operators in the utilities sector.
- Workers are trained to use the attachments on plant machinery that are applicable to their role.
Built with industry for industry
- PLUS was developed in collaboration with employers within the utilities sector in response to the unique requirements of the waste and recycling industries.
Visibility and transparency
- You can see exactly what training an individual has received by category, capacities and attachments via EUSR. This online register is available 24/7. EUSR supports the recruitment process and reduces duplication of plant training.
- PLUS trainers must have industry knowledge and experience, as well as training delivery and assessment qualifications; to access our Approved Providers or to find out more email; email@example.com.
There are currently 13 types of plant in the PLUS scheme:
Click on a scheme below to find a training provider
- 360 Excavator
- Agricultural Tracker
- Backhoe Loader
- Counter-Balance Forklift Truck
- Dump Truck
- Forward Tipping Dumper
- Material Handler
- Mini Digger
- Telescopic Handler
- Tracked Loader
- Wheeled Loader
Registration on EUSR
Registration is based on successful completion of a training programme and assessment. Training is delivered through a network of Energy & Utility Skills approved trainers and they all deliver the same training programme and assessment.
EUSR registration for PLUS is for five years from the date of assessment.
Find Out More
If you would like to get trained in any PLUS scheme, please select from the list above to find a training provider. If you are a trainer and would like to deliver this scheme, please see our guidance on delivering skills-based schemes.
If you have any queries relating to EUSR or the evidence requirements for any of our schemes or programmes, please contact the EUSR Support team. We are available Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm via email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0121 745 1310 (option 1).