What are Skills-based Schemes?
These schemes cover skills in a particular role or area and can be suitable for new employees or existing employees wishing to upskill.
The standards upon which these schemes are based are generally developed by Energy & Utility Skills in collaboration with employers across a number of industries, or they may be based on industry standards or qualifications.
Our Skills-based schemes include:
- Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue (MATS)
- Confined Spaces
- Confined Spaces (Water)
- Leakage Detection & Control (Water)
- Licence to Control (Water)
- Network Construction Operations (NCO) Gas
- Network Construction Operations (NCO) Water
- Plant for Utilities Scheme (PLUS)
- Power Skills Scheme
- Safe Control of Mains Connections (Water)
- Smart Metering
- Utility Excavations
- Utility Network Construction Supervisors
Find Out More
If you would like to get trained in a Skills-based scheme, please use our scheme search to find a list of training providers. If you are interested in delivering an Energy & Utility Skills Skills-based scheme please see our guidance on delivering skills-based schemes.
If you have any queries relating to EUSR or the evidence requirements for any of our schemes or programmes, please contact the EUSR Support team. We are available Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm via email email@example.com or tel: 0121 745 1310.