What are Skills-based Schemes?
These schemes cover skills in a particular role or area and can be suitable for new employees or existing employees wishing to upskill.
The standards upon which these schemes are based are generally developed by Energy & Utility Skills in collaboration with employers across a number of industries, or they may be based on industry standards or qualifications.
Our Skills-based schemes include:
- Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue (MATS)
- Confined Spaces
- Confined Spaces (Water)
- Leakage Detection & Control (Water)
- Licence to Control (Water)
- Network Construction Operations (Gas)
- Network Construction Operations (Water)
- Plant for Utilities Scheme (PLUS)
- Power Skills Scheme
- Safe Control of Mains Connections (Water)
- Smart Metering
- Utility Excavations
- Utility Network Construction Supervisors
Find Out More
If you would like to get trained in a Skills-based scheme, please see our guidance for finding a training provider. If you are interested in delivering an Energy & Utility Skills Skills-based scheme please visit our approval page.
If you would like to talk to us about our services, please contact us on 0845 077 99 22 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.