Dates & Locations
Training dates and locations for National Grid NSI 30 training can be found below. If you would like to book a place on any of these courses, please consult the product list page and complete the appropriate booking form.
The information contained within the calendar is supplied and updated by National Grid. In the event of a query about its accuracy please contact National Grid.
COVID-19 Guidance update – 16/07/2020
NSI 30 – “Appointment of Persons” Contractor Authorisation Update
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, senior management at National Grid have made a number of decisions regarding contractor training and authorisations.
The contractor Competent and Authorised Person Authorisations expiry dates have already been extended in two phases.
- Phase 1 – Authorisations expiring between 23 March and 1 June 2020 have been extended by 6 months.
- Phase 2 – Authorisations expiring between 2 June and 1 September 2020 have been extended by 3 months.
As a result, Competent Person and Authorised Person extended Authorisations expire from September to November.
From 1 August 2020
The Academy will re-start the NG Safety Rule Authorisation courses from 1 August 2020, this includes Initial Person courses at Eakring and the 5 “Pods” based at Substation sites around the country for Competent Person and Authorised Person.
COMPETENT PERSON (CP) & AUTHORISED PERSON (AP)
- Phase 1 extensions – Individuals with authorisations originally expiring between 23 March and 1 September 2020, that have been extended and now expire between 22 September and 30 November 2020 are expected to book a course to renew their CP / AP Authorisations from 1 August, as their Authorisation will expire in September to November 2020.
- Phase 2 extensions – Individuals with authorisations originally expiring between 2 June and 1 September 2020, that have been extended and now expire between 1 September and 30 November 2020 will receive a further 3 month extension to their CP / AP Authorisation. Individuals with this additional extension are expected to book courses to renew their CP / AP Authorisations from 2 December 2020, as their Authorisation will expire in December 2020 to February 2021.
All Phase 1 and 2 renewals will receive an additional “grace period” of 1 month to renew their Authorisations.
New Competent Person and Authorised Person applicants can also book onto courses from 1 August 2020.
- Individuals who require Person Renewal but their BESC AME and Person Authorisations expire between March 23 and 1 August 2020 can take the online Person Renewal course until 1 September 2020.
- Individuals that have in-date BESC AME and Person Authorisations expiring from 2 August 2020 onwards should take the online Person Renewal course before either of them expire.
- Individuals who require a Person Authorisation who either first time applicants or do not have BESC AME and Person Authorisations expiring between 23 March and 1 August 2020, should book onto the Initial Person course.
All course information and Person course bookings are available here.
National Grid will continue to monitor the situation throughout this period, please check this website for further updates.
Please be advised that from 18 November 2019 the start time for the morning training session at Blackley will permanently change to 9.30am.
Find Out More
For any queries regarding Competent Person and Authorised Person training and assessments, please contact the National Grid External Training team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01623 872602.