Appreciation of Excavation Safety [GROUNDFORCE]
This product is operated by Groundforce.
This safety course introduces the individual to the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation work. Examples of areas covered include, but are not limited to:
- The HSE’s HSG150 and HSG 47 guidance documents
- The Construction Industry Research and Information Associations report
Individuals will become familiarised with the necessity for identifying various ground conditions, and will come to understand a variety of methods for utilising the appropriate ground retention system(s). Particular importance is placed on the identification of hazards unique to excavations as well as introducing adequate control measures in order to reduce risk levels.
On completion of this course, individuals will be able to:
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations.
- Differentiate between soil types and conditions.
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems.
- Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations.
- Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards.
- Understand current legislation, policies and procedures associated with safety in excavations.
This is a 1 day course.
Registration on EUSR is valid for 3 years from date of training.
Find Out More
If you would like more information on the course please click here.
An Endorsed Training Programme is a training package that has been approved by Energy & Utility Skills as meeting its objectives. They are offered by private companies and any questions relating specifically to that training package should be directed to the appropriate provider.