Introduction to Horizontal Directional Drilling
This product is operated by Tracto Technik – UK.
The TRACTO-TECHNIK training event delivers a solid foundation level knowledge and understanding of the concept and complexities of Horizontal Directional Drilling. It can be held in Bedford at our Learning and Development Centre, Cheadle in Staffs or at a Customer premises.
Duration and Detail
The one day event up to a maximum of 6 delegates, is delivered through presentation of a series of interactive PowerPoint slides supported by videos and animations, case studies, and discussions examining the basics of Horizontal Directional Drilling, and showing real site situations and applications.
All candidates will be required to complete a written assessment paper, whereupon successful candidates will subsequently be awarded a TRACTO-TECHNIK UK certificate of competence and receive a new or updated Energy and Utility Skills card showing they have attended the accredited Introduction to Horizontal Directional Drilling event.
- Course outline/objectives introductions
- Open trench versus Trenchless
- The safe & correct operating procedure for Horizontal Directional Drilling
- Soil types and conditions
- Surface tracking & Location of underground apparatus and utilities
- Drill Rig Operator & Receiver Operator responsibilities
- Drilling fluids, recycling and polymers
- Steering Tooling/Backreamer configuration
- Preparation of the drill path profile
- Pilot bore drilling including calculating approximate bore lengths
- Project planning for the job site, Health & safety, and risk mitigation
- Product Installation
- Troubleshooting and Decommissioning equipment
- HDD Jobsite Case studies
Training being carried out at a Customers own premises will be required to provide:-
- A meeting/classroom facilities for the duration of the event.
Find Out More
To find out more about this endorsed training programme contact Gary Preston, Training Manager at TRACTO-TECHNIK UK on 01234 342566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An Endorsed Training Programme is a training programme that has been endorsed by Energy & Utility Skills as meeting its objectives. They are offered by private companies and any questions relating specifically to that training package should be directed to the appropriate provider.