The purpose of this standard is to provide the delegate with the knowledge to fully understand the prestart requirements of moling and trenchless technologies including an understanding of potential hazards and the avoidance of risk from other underground services.
The scope this standard covers the following:
- roles and responsibilities e.g. safe working practices and safety legislation
- equipment information e.g. PPE
- preparing machine for work
- setting machine up for work
- carrying out boring operations
- maintenance of equipment