Our Abrasive Wheels Endorsed Training Programmes combines classroom based theory with practical instruction and assessment. Some of the areas that are covered include the operation of petrol cut off saws and other hand held/portable machines, bench or pedestal grinding machines.
The core areas we would ensure are covered by the course objectives:
- Understand legislation and guidance including HASWA 74, PUWER 98, MHSWR 99 and PPE Regs
- Carry out pre-use safety checks
- Recognising the hazards of abrasive wheels and consider risk control measures
- Identify various types of abrasive wheels
- Control measures to reduce workplace accidents and encourage safe operation
- A demonstration correct usage, settings, adjustments and inspection of flanges, guards and accessories
Training courses offered are:
Find Out More
We are always very happy to offer advice and guidance before you make a submission to have your training programme endorsed. If you would like to talk to us about the service and to find out more about whether it is suitable for you, please contact us by email at email@example.com or call 0121 745 1310 (option 1).
An Endorsed Training Programme is a training programme that has been endorsed by Energy & Utility Skills as meeting its objectives. They are offered by private companies and any questions relating specifically to that training package should be directed to the appropriate provider.