Abrasive Wheel/Petrol Cut Off Saw
This endorsed training programme is operated by Alpha Training Safety Solutions Limited
This course is designed to meet the requirements for training in line with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 1998) for safety in the use of abrasive wheels.
To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated with abrasive wheels. They will be trained to understand how to safely select, mount and use abrasive wheels in addition to using hand held abrasive wheel tools and cut off saws including diamond disc changing and use.
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Marking of Abrasive Wheels
- Storage, Handling, Transporting, Inspecting and Testing of abrasive wheels
- The function of all Main Components (Flanges, Washers, Brushes and Nuts)
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Pre-start Checks: (Electrical Powered)
- Pre-start Checks: (Petrol Driven)
- Inspection Wheels/Discs before use: Cracks, Damage, Blotters, Speed, Size and Correct Type for the job
- Correctly change a suitable abrasive wheel
- Delivery Method
- A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and Presentation/demonstrations. This can be supported by outside practical tool operator instruction and use if required
Find Out More
If you would like more information on the course please contact Louise Grant or Louise Everist via email Info@alphahealthandsafety.com or call 01903 871 381.
An Endorsed Training Programme is a training programme that has been endorsed by Energy & Utility Skills as meeting its objectives. They are offered by private companies and any questions relating specifically to that training package should be directed to the appropriate provider.