COVID-19 Guidance update – 16/07/2020
NSI 30 – “Appointment of Persons” Contractor Authorisation Update
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, senior management at National Grid have made a number of decisions regarding contractor training and authorisations.
The contractor Competent and Authorised Person Authorisations expiry dates have already been extended in two phases.
- Phase 1 – Authorisations expiring between 23 March and 1 June 2020 have been extended by 6 months.
- Phase 2 – Authorisations expiring between 2 June and 1 September 2020 have been extended by 3 months.
As a result, Competent Person and Authorised Person extended Authorisations expire from September to November.
From 1 August 2020
The Academy will re-start the NG Safety Rule Authorisation courses from 1 August 2020, this includes Initial Person courses at Eakring and the 5 “Pods” based at Substation sites around the country for Competent Person and Authorised Person.
COMPETENT PERSON (CP) & AUTHORISED PERSON (AP)
- Phase 1 extensions – Individuals with authorisations originally expiring between 23 March and 1 September 2020, that have been extended and now expire between 22 September and 30 November 2020 are expected to book a course to renew their CP / AP Authorisations from 1 August, as their Authorisation will expire in September to November 2020.
- Phase 2 extensions – Individuals with authorisations originally expiring between 2 June and 1 September 2020, that have been extended and now expire between 1 September and 30 November 2020 will receive a further 3 month extension to their CP / AP Authorisation. Individuals with this additional extension are expected to book courses to renew their CP / AP Authorisations from 2 December 2020, as their Authorisation will expire in December 2020 to February 2021.
All Phase 1 and 2 renewals will receive an additional “grace period” of 1 month to renew their Authorisations.
New Competent Person and Authorised Person applicants can also book onto courses from 1 August 2020.
- Individuals who require Person Renewal but their BESC AME and Person Authorisations expire between March 23 and 1 August 2020 can take the online Person Renewal course until 1 September 2020.
- Individuals that have in-date BESC AME and Person Authorisations expiring from 2 August 2020 onwards should take the online Person Renewal course before either of them expire.
- Individuals who require a Person Authorisation who either first time applicants or do not have BESC AME and Person Authorisations expiring between 23 March and 1 August 2020, should book onto the Initial Person course.
All course information and Person course bookings are on available at https://ngbookings.eusr.co.uk/
National Grid will continue to monitor the situation throughout this period, please check this website for further updates.